Sunday, June 1, 2008

Chaos Junkie!











I have figured out what my disorder is! Chaos Junkie! I think the first step is admitting it! The last two months of my life have been insane! I took a busy schedule and added baseball. (which we loved!) and all of the end of the year activities. INSANE is the only word for it! I felt like I would wake up ever morning and just start running, I don't think I ever stopped (or blogged). Laying around after my surgery helped my think of all the things I want to do, but don't.
Does anyone know how to slow life down? I look at my life and I feel everything I do is important and has a purpose! And I like to be busy and do lots of stuff. I enjoy almost everything, and I have a million hobbies!
I know I have a problem because all last month I just kept my eye on the finish line. I finished my Provident Living Class, baseball, and all my responsibilities for the co-op. I was getting ready for a little camping trip and got a little board. I almost picked up the phone and went out of my way to volunteer to do another thing for co-op. I did stop my self so maybe there is hope for me after all. But it was hard not to make the call!
I am on summer break! I don't want to over schedule my kids this summer, and I am hoping to save sometime for myself. (I have gained 12 lbs in the last 2 months.) Bev- I need that book on how to really change! I am ready for -less busy and lots of fun! Here is to a great summer, bring on the heat and the fun! BRING IT!!!!!
Summer Goals:
1. Open Wii fit and master it!
2. Start and stick to a budget!
3. Hike!
4. Hire more babysitters!
5. Buy more cereal!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Yes...I have an idea! I know you well, and I know that you need to learn to say "NO" sometimes! You are too sweet. Don't let people take advantage of that great characteristic about you.

Kate said...

Mar, I love you... and yes, I agree you are so sweet that I think people do take advantage... there are few gems like you who are willing to help everyone out! You amaze me with your energy and willingness... just let some of it rub off on me- and then we both can be more balanced.

Beverly and Dave said...

Maren you are so funny! I love you. I miss you. We need to hang out. I guess I do know how to say no because I am no where near as busy as you are but you know me I am a homebody and like it that way. We need to get together before the end of July. That is when my kids go back to school.

joslyn said...

wow, busy girl. i say no so that i don't loose my mind. i like to keep days open so that there are times that we can just hang out at home. we also had baseball and it was crazy. way fun but a ton of games.

Kristin said...

You're hilarious! And I'm jealous of your cute BOYS!