Saturday, January 9, 2010

Pumpkin Pie Soup

1 pkg cubed butternut squash from costco
3 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
1 quart chicken broth
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
4 oz. cream cheese (fat free works great)
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
ground cinnamon to taste
dash of salt

1. Boil butternut squash in a large pot of water until tender, drain.
2. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the onion until tender.
3. In a blender (or with the wand blender I will someday buy) blend the squash pulp, onion, broth, brown sugar, cream cheese, pepper, and cinnamon until smooth.
4. Transfer the soup to a pot over medium heat, and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through. Serve warm.

Everybody loved this soup! It is super creamy and super sweet! Jaxon ate all the leftovers cold!
I will be making this many more times.......

4 comments:

Amy said...

I don't know if I will ever try this soup since I think pumpkin pie is so yucky - but I sure do LOVE that you FINALLLLLLY updated your blog! I am looking forward to more posts from you in the future and please let's try to get together in the year 2010! We miss your guts!

go boo boo said...

Printed it and definitely going to try it!

Kristin said...

Yay for a post!!!!
I love pumpkin pie - but as soup?? I'm so there :)

Mary said...

Hello, How do I get in touch with you? There is no email or contact info listed .. please advise .. thanks .. Mary. Please contact me maryregency at gmail dot com